WINE crossover to run winscp for ASCII mode files transfer

sunhux G sunhux at gmail.com
Sun Aug 28 10:24:03 UTC 2011

> just be better off using a windows system to copy these files?
> Getting WINE and WinSCP seems like an unnecessary hack.  Is there
> a reason why you are introducing the Linux system into this situation?

The Linux box has been there all these while: it's the ftp client that's
been 'getting/putting' files from a remote military-related Windows
Openssh server.  I can't replace this Linux box with a Windows box
at my end as this Linux box also do lots of files transfer with other
backend (at my end) HP-Ux & Linux boxes