fsck.ext3: No such file or directory while trying to open/dev/datavg/optOracle

unix syzadmin unixsyzadmin at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 23:12:00 UTC 2011

Hi,

# mkinitrd -f /boot/initrd-`uname -r`.img `uname -r`

Created the new mkinitrd ; still facing the same issue.  No luck.
We are using LUNs from EMC CLARiiON frame.  Since we are not SAN booting; I
guess all that I have to do is install powerpath, discover the LUN allocated
and put it to use with regular lvm commands.

I am not sure what SAN drivers needs to be loaded before automount and if
they have to be included in initrd-2.6.18-238.el5.img.

We use emulex fibre adapters.  I am also not sure if this has anything to do
with the settings for HBA.

# powermt display dev=all
Pseudo name=emcpowera
CLARiiON ID=APM11105711783 [zlnx_009]
Logical device ID=711711615C54231128C4C83E26D3E111 [Lun 0611]
state=alive; policy=CLAROpt; priority=0; queued-IOs=0;
Owner: default=SP B, current=SP B       Array failover mode: 1
--------------- Host ---------------   - Stor -   -- I/O Path --  -- Stats
---
###  HW Path               I/O Paths    Interf.   Mode    State   Q-IOs
Errors
   5 lpfc                     sdb       SP B4     active  alive       0
 0
   5 lpfc                     sdc       SP A5     active  alive       0
 0
   7 lpfc                     sdd       SP A4     active  alive       0
 0
   7 lpfc                     sde       SP B5     active  alive       0
 0

# lspci | grep -i fibre
0a:00.0 Fibre Channel: Emulex Corporation Zephyr-X LightPulse Fibre Channel
Host Adapter (rev 02)
0a:00.1 Fibre Channel: Emulex Corporation Zephyr-X LightPulse Fibre Channel
Host Adapter (rev 02)
0c:00.0 Fibre Channel: Emulex Corporation Zephyr-X LightPulse Fibre Channel
Host Adapter (rev 02)
0c:00.1 Fibre Channel: Emulex Corporation Zephyr-X LightPulse Fibre Channel
Host Adapter (rev 02)

Thanks for all your suggestions.