Network interfaces not reachable

white.heron white white.heron at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 15 13:42:51 UTC 2011

Dear All,

For your information. If the RHEL server setup within local area network. You may either configure each Network Interface card by:

1) Receiving IP address from nearest DHCP server appliance e.g network switches
2) Manual. By allocate exactly. Static IP address for each Network Interface card.

For manually configured static IP Address. You may refer the following command:

$ ifconfig eth0 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx netmask yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy up
$ ifconfig eth1 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx netmask yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy up
$ ifconfig  eth2 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx netmask yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy up

where xxx = IPv4 static ip address
and yyy = IPV4 netmask ip address.

Regards,

MOHAMMAD ADLI BIN MT TAJUDIN