tool to check security

ESGLinux esggrupos at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 17:07:14 UTC 2011

Thanks you for your answers

First, I can´t update to 5.6 because dependencies of the applications
installed on it.

Second,

I have run nessus and nmap from outside the machine to get the problems that
a remote user can check.

What I want now is to check the problems like:
- current kernel 2.6.18-53.el5 has pottential security problems... (CVE,
....)
- the user John has not password and a valid shell....
- given a package which CVEs affects this package

Something like these.

I´m going to give a try to bastille although the tool I´m looking for was a
shell command....

Thanks again,

ESG