NTP config help

Mertens, Bram mertensb at mazdaeur.com
Mon Feb 14 13:25:24 UTC 2011

Not only that but the NTP daemon runs continuously fixing the time drift by small amounts preventing jumps.

If you synchronize using ntpdate you get sudden jumps in time which certain processes may not cope with.

Regards

Bram

Mazda Motor Logistics Europe NV, Blaasveldstraat 162, B-2830 Willebroek
VAT BE 0406.024.281, RPR Mechelen, ING  310-0092504-52, IBAN : BE64 3100 0925 0452, SWIFT : BBRUBEBB