redhat-list Digest, Vol 84, Issue 5

Ben bda20 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Feb 7 14:22:33 UTC 2011

On Mon, 7 Feb 2011, amiteshsahay at aol.com wrote:

>  @Mark,

This is a Twitter affectation.  Please don't use it on an email mailing
list.

> I am well aware that this mailing list is purely for REDHAT, but you see
> there are system admins who work on both redhat and windows platform, so
> my question is fro them,

You clearly acknowledge that this is a Red Hat mailing list, then ignore the
fact that it _is_ a Red Hat mailing list.  This makes no sense.  I can only
assume you completely ignored the information sent to you when you
subscribed to it.

> and not for a egoist like you.Instead of suggesting unwanted things and
> wasting time mind your business.

How about you stop wasting time sending off-topic Windows questions to a Red
Hat mailing list and find a Windows or product-specific mailing list to ask
your questions?  Your responses would be much more useful and helpful than
the ones you're getting here.

> So please if you do not have answer to my question then please do not
> bother to use your figures on the keyboard.

How about I say "so please, if you have a question on a topic not relevant
to this mailing list then please do not bother to post to it and instead
look for the right place."?  How does that sound?

> You first of all go to a nursery school, learn how to behave in the public
> forum...

_You_ need to go and look for the correct mailing list for your subject,
rather than sending out an email to potentially hundreds of people many of
whom _won't_ have anything to do with the Windows operating system, let
alone the application you're asking about.  You claim that many of us will
work with Windows as well as Red Hat distributions.  I claim that it's
likely at least half of us won't.  Therefore your post was irrelevant to at
least 50% of the recipients.  Well done.

> My request to admin, please remove this pathetic rude person from the
> mailing list.

My request to you is twofold.  One, please refrain from using this mailing
list for off-topic discussion and two, please trim the large amount of
irrelevant digest traffic you quoted at the end of the email I'm replying
to.  That too is extremely bad form and does not endear you to anyone.

> Regards,
> Amitesh Sahay

I'm sure.

Ben