Is the default red hat 5.4 NFS server multithreaded?

Matty Sarro msarro at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 22:20:04 UTC 2011

Hey everyone,
This is a pretty simple question but I can't seem to find the answer.
I'm looking to purchase a dedicated NFS server. Most of the vendors
are pushing quad/hex core processors. There's one model left that
still has a dual core. So far as I can tell, the default NFS server
isn't multithreaded, so even dual core is going to be overkill. The
server is going to be getting Log data copied to it N times a day,
where N is the number of times the files reach a certain size.

The only other thing the server will be doing is running a cron job
which deletes files that are more than 60 days old. Pretty simple,
right?
The only reason I can see justifying a quad core processor is if NFS
is multithreaded. Thoughts?
-Matthew