SELinux + pam_ldap + sudo

sub at nryc.fr sub at nryc.fr
Thu Feb 17 13:26:30 UTC 2011

Hello,

On a RHEL5 server with SELinux in "permissive" mode, I can't make sudo
working with pam_ldap authentication.

pam_ldap is correctly configured : I can perform an authentication on a
ssh connection but once connected I can't sudo anything even though I'm
in the "wheel" group and this group is allowed in /etc/sudoers.

I suspect SELinux because of all the servers I manage, this is the only
one with SELinux activated and the only one with "sudo" problems.

I activated pam_ldap with "authconfig --update --enableldapauth", but I
manually copied the "ldap.conf" file.

Please note that I'm not familiar with SELinux

Regards,

Nicolas