changes in RHEL6 vs RHEL5

Mertens, Bram mertensb at mazdaeur.com
Thu Jan 13 08:32:12 UTC 2011

What about http://www.redhat.com/rhel/server/details/ ?  Straight from the horse's mouth.

I attended a seminar on Red Hat Enterprise Linux Release 6 last Tuesday and most attention was devoted to improvements in the area of virtualization and the significantly improved scalability.

So if you need more RAM, more CPU or bigger file systems RHEL6 is what you need.

If some of your virtualized servers could benefit from increased IO and such RHEL6 promises big improvements.

You may also want to contact your sales rep to see if a similar seminar is being held near you.

Other major change is the training offer and the changes in certification.

Finally the change in lifecycle might be interesting, but then again if you want and are able to keep up with new development being able to run RHEL6 for the next 10 years might not be important to you.

Regards

Bram

Mazda Motor Logistics Europe NV, Blaasveldstraat 162, B-2830 Willebroek
VAT BE 0406.024.281, RPR Mechelen, ING  310-0092504-52, IBAN : BE64 3100 0925 0452, SWIFT : BBRUBEBB