Raw device mappings of multipath disks in RHEL5.4

Shankar Jha shankar.jha at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 03:37:50 UTC 2011

After editing udev, run udevtrigger command to get updated.

Thanks-
Shankar

On 26-Jan-2011 8:52 AM, "Geofrey Rainey" <Geofrey.Rainey at tvnz.co.nz> wrote:

Hi,

I've setup something similar with Oracle RAC which also requires raw
device mappings. For this I used both multipathing (which creates the
/dev/mapper/<file_names>), and rc.local (which provides the /dev/raw/
mappings to the /dev/mapper/ file names.

There's a very good how-to document on Oracle's Metalink site explaining
how to do this on rhel 5.

Regards,
Geoff.