Redhat cluster

Adam Miller maxamillion at fedoraproject.org
Wed Jan 5 14:36:14 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jan 05, 2011 at 11:11:27AM +0400, raj sourabh wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have a doubt regarding FTP. Is FTP cluster aware service??
>
> I have created Redhat cluster(2node) with conga. GFS is configured and
> mounted on both the nodes. Now when gfs services die on any one of the node,
> failover is taken care by redhat cluster to other node .
>
> Can I configure FTP services in similar way?? I have read many technical
> documentation in this regard. Most of them say Piranha cluster(LB) to be
> used for FTP fail over..
>
> Does this mean Redhat cluster can not handle FTP redundancy??

Red Hat Cluster Suite is capable of handling FTP as a failover services,
you just need to configure it to do so. If you are running Luci/Ricci
then you can use the web UI to easily configure the FTP service of your
choice to be failed over and how you want that accomplished.

This should help:
http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/5/html-single/Cluster_Administration/index.html#s1-add-service-conga-CA

-AdamM