regading my Host machine and VM

Krishnaprasad_K at Dell.com Krishnaprasad_K at Dell.com
Mon Jan 10 17:28:00 UTC 2011

What's the VMware product do you use? If you right click the VM and see the CD/DVD settings, you can see options for map the client system's D Drive to the VM. It again depends upon the VMware product that you use.

Thanks,
Krishnaprasad

-----Original Message-----
From: redhat-list-bounces at redhat.com [mailto:redhat-list-bounces at redhat.com] On Behalf Of amiteshsahay at aol.com
Sent: Monday, January 10, 2011 10:48 PM
To: redhat-list at redhat.com
Subject: regading my Host machine and VM

Hi,
I am a very new user to VMWARE, and the environment relatedto it. I followed the installation procedure and installed the VMware, and as aVirtual machine, I installed rhel5.1 in it, and I am using Win Server’03 as aHost machine.
My problem is that I need to create a YUM server, and forthe same, I need to first create VSFTPD, and createrepo, and for the same Ineed to first create VSFTPD from the RPM command for which I need to be presentin the Server folder in the OS dvd/cd. However in my office environment, I amnot allowed to insert CD. But I have the ISO image of the rhel5.1 copied in myD drive of my Host machine. Is there any way by which I can use the ISO imagefrom to Host machine on my Virtual machine?
My seniors taught me how to use PUTTY application to use theVM on  my host machine.
But for e.g :- I do not want to use putty and want o copy that ISO image from my D drive to my VM. So is there any way to do it. In my knowledge even PUTTY does not allow to copy any thing from the Host machine to the VM.
Prompt reply would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Amitesh Sahay