regading my Host machine and VM

Saqib Ilyas msaqib at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 07:32:06 UTC 2011

The problem is that putty is a remote terminal application that can help you
issue commands on a remote machine. To copy files over, you should be using
sftp. Download a SFTP client, install it on the host OS, connect to the VM
and copy the files over there. psftp is a free command line SFTP utility
from the makers of putty, however, there are free GUI SFTP clients also,
such as Tunnelier.
Once you've copied the files over the VM, I guess you can find your way
around.
I hope this helps.

On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 11:34 AM, raj sourabh <rajsourabh1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi ,
>
> You can use WINSCP to copy the image file to RHEL.
>
> However you may need to uncompress the iso file to access the vsftpd and
> create repo package. It would be good if you access the Server directory on
> the CD on some other machine and copy the vsftpd and create repo package
> alone to rhel. FYI, these two packages does not have any dependencies ,if
> the RHEL was installed from same CD.
>
> Regards,
> Raj
>

> On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 9:18 PM, <amiteshsahay at aol.com> wrote:
>

> > Hi,
> > I am a very new user to VMWARE, and the environment relatedto it. I
> > followed the installation procedure and installed the VMware, and as
> > aVirtual machine, I installed rhel5.1 in it, and I am using Win Server’03
> as
> > aHost machine.
> > My problem is that I need to create a YUM server, and forthe same, I need
> > to first create VSFTPD, and createrepo, and for the same Ineed to first
> > create VSFTPD from the RPM command for which I need to be presentin the
> > Server folder in the OS dvd/cd. However in my office environment, I amnot
> > allowed to insert CD. But I have the ISO image of the rhel5.1 copied in
> myD
> > drive of my Host machine. Is there any way by which I can use the ISO
> > imagefrom to Host machine on my Virtual machine?
> > My seniors taught me how to use PUTTY application to use theVM on  my
> host
> > machine.
> > But for e.g :- I do not want to use putty and want o copy that ISO image
> > from my D drive to my VM. So is there any way to do it. In my knowledge
> even
> > PUTTY does not allow to copy any thing from the Host machine to the VM.
> > Prompt reply would be appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> >

> > Regards,
> >
> > Amitesh Sahay
> >

> > --

Muhammad Saqib Ilyas
PhD Student, Computer Science and Engineering
Lahore University of Management Sciences