Subversion + apache + logical volumes = permission problems

Francisco José Márquez Gómez fjmarquez.ext at chguadalquivir.es
Tue Jan 11 17:58:40 UTC 2011

Hi friends,

I'm trying configure a server which should running a SVN repository
accesible through web client:

I've used:

RHEL 5.5 (64bits)
apache
web_dav module
subversion

But I can't access to dav viewer, since apache always show message
"forbiden".

Then, tired after many configuration changes and many tries, I did use
this tutorial (apache + usvn + subversion):

http://frss-soft.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/instalacion_de_SVN_Server_centos_linux_by_FRSS.swf

step by step until page 21.

All worked fine with default directories. The problem is when I try set
the repository directory point to /var/svn, wich is the mount point of
the logical volume created for store SVN.

Then, usvn begin to show permission errors when I try manage proyects.

I tried replace the /var/www/html/usvn/files/svn with a symbolic link to
/var/svn, but doesn't work. I also tried to mount logical volume
directly in /var/www/html/usvn/files/svn, but not work...

what is the problem???? The directories have same permissions that
default directory... I don't understand...

Thank you very much

F.J.