postfix

Julian DeMarchi julian at jdcomputers.com.au
Tue Jan 18 05:10:55 UTC 2011

On 01/18/2011 02:50 PM, Ahmed Mohamed wrote:
> Hi,
>
> my email server can send emails to outside world but cannot receive email
> from outside. For example mail sent from Gmail or hotmail
> gets delayed for hours and later bounce back with 'unknown destination'
> error code or something to that effect.

Do you have an MX record?

> My email server sends mail through proxy/NAT interface. Mail is relayed
> through my ISP provider's smtp.xyz.com mailservers.
> I have DNS service provider with easydns.com.

Explain how your mail server connects to the internet? Is it behind a
proxy, if so, you'll need to forward port 25 to it.

> Any clue as to what am missing out?

When requesting help, it is very useful to include every bit of
information to allow others to assist. Before you send your next mail,
please think before hitting the reply button. Ensure you include any
information that can assist others in helping you.

--julian