How to run more than one X server instance (RHEL client 6)

GSO gsowww at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jan 26 08:46:15 UTC 2011

OK, problem solved.  gdmflexiserver runs an on demand X server.

I didn't realise this but if you switch user from the logout dialogue,
X is actually started on another console, leaving the original login
intact on the original console (i.e., ctrl+alt+functionkey switching).

Am I correct in thinking the original [server] gdm.conf section is deprecated?