Testing RHEV Hypervisor?

Eugene Vilensky evilensky at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 04:13:08 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 10:01 AM, Stainforth, Matthew (SD/DS)
<Matthew.Stainforth at gnb.ca> wrote:
>> "Too complex for a customer to setup for a demo"?
>>
>> How hard can it be to install + start some software on a server and use
>> a GUI to provision some VM's?
>
> Considering what we do for a living, not hard at all.  But that's what you get when sales people get in the middle.  To quote directly:
>
> "Generally speaking we want an SA involved with the client up front for RHEV to ensure it goes well. The initial configuration is not as straightforward as I will be with subsequent releases. If you can wait the two weeks, I would prefer that Michael work with you and get you the eval upon his return so you don't waste cycles on installation."
>
> I tried to press but they went unresponsive.  Mind you, this seems to be par for the course in terms of Red Hat's customer relations, at least in my experience.  Sad, really.

Red Hat probably has many customers who couldn't configure their way
out of a paper bag made of printed man pages, and yet often have
purchasing or recommendations powers.  They can't sell it if the
customer doesn't know how to do anything with it.  Knowledgable admins
get caught in the middle.