bonding + vlan (without untagged address)

Marti, Robert RJM002 at shsu.edu
Fri Jan 28 15:40:09 UTC 2011

[root at bbapp1 network-scripts]# cat ifcfg-bond0*
DEVICE=bond0
BOOTPROTO=static
ONBOOT=yes
TYPE=Ethernet

DEVICE=bond0.10
BOOTPROTO=static
IPADDR=158.135.1.21
NETMASK=255.255.254.0
GATEWAY=158.135.0.1
ONBOOT=yes
TYPE=Ethernet
VLAN=yes

DEVICE=bond0.650
BOOTPROTO=static
IPADDR=10.220.0.100
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
ONBOOT=yes
TYPE=Ethernet
VLAN=yes

[root at bbapp1 network-scripts]# cat ifcfg-eth*
DEVICE=eth0
ONBOOT=yes
TYPE=Ethernet
MASTER=bond0
SLAVE=yes

DEVICE=eth1
ONBOOT=no
TYPE=Ethernet
MASTER=bond0
SLAVE=yes

That's how we have a box set up to tag everything outgoing.  I'm really not sure why eth1 is set to onboot=no...  I'll have to look into it.