OpenIPMI and RedHat 6

Bob Sauvage bob.sauvage at gmx.fr
Fri Jul 29 09:02:00 UTC 2011

Hi Mark,

pmi_devintf            7983  0
ipmi_si                42399  0
ipmi_msghandler        35958  2 ipmi_devintf,ipmi_si

But I do not have the device interface :/ !

Bob Sauvage wrote:

> [...]
<snip>

> >  Yes ipmi daemon is started. Does this daemon have a log file ?
According to man ipmievd, it writes to syslog.  You can also run it in
non-daemon mode (check the manpage). Here's another question: is the
kernel module installed? (I see that lsmod on one of our servers shows
ipmi_si                78765  1
ipmi_devintf           44753  2
ipmi_msghandler        73369  2 ipmi_si,ipmi_devintf

        mark