Arp Cache issue

Richardson, Joshua A. Joshua.Richardson at gd-ais.com
Wed Jul 13 15:18:51 UTC 2011

It may not be answer actual solution as to why your network bottlenecks, but this document might help you to tune the arp cache on the machine so the table doesn't fill up as rapidly or up the default garbage collection time to clear out the table?

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CBUQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.networknuts.net%2FPerformance%2520Tuning-4.pdf&rct=j&q=redhat%20arp%20cache%20tuning%20sysctl&ei=tKgdTvKkEcbSgQeq9Yj8CQ&usg=AFQjCNF_qyyhAoXKafZUw4xQoISNsuYPZQ&cad=rja

Josh Richardson
General Dynamics AIS
Office: 703-272-1761