No kdump initial ramdisk found.

unix syzadmin unixsyzadmin at gmail.com
Sat Jul 30 16:13:05 UTC 2011

The issue was with password-less ssh.
I figured out the problem.  It had to do with specifying the key to use for
ssh to netdump server in ~/.ssh/config file.

#pwd
/root/.ssh

# cat config
IdentityFile ~/.ssh/id_rsa.us1

# service kdump start
No kdump initial ramdisk found.                            [WARNING]
Rebuilding /boot/initrd-2.6.18-128.el5kdump.img
Starting kdump:                                            [  OK  ]

I also tested using your procedure to manually crash the server and it
worked; could see a 48G vmcore file created on the netdump server.
Thanks for your help.