Volumes over 2 Terrabytes

Bob Wickline wick at bobwickline.com
Wed Jun 1 22:26:00 UTC 2011

You might want to rethink your strategy. I always limit myself to 8TB LUNs and create four (4) 2TB fdisk primary partitions and cat them together in an LVM volume. And then unless you are on RHEL6, you will need an XFS license to create that large of filesystem...

"Martini, Dave" <martini1 at llnl.gov> wrote:

I'm running RHEL 5
2.6.18-194.el5 #1 SMP Tue Mar 16 21:52:39 EDT 2010 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64
On Intel Xeon CUP L5530.

I'm setting up some Winchester storage with 16 terrabytes of space.
When I create a 10 terrabyte Lun, the RHEL box only sees it as 2 terrabytes.

Will the above Kernel/CPU allow for volumes greater than 2 terrabytes?
Anyone have any tips on how to do this?

Thank you.
Dave Martini
LLNL