helping remote users

Jason Staudenmayer jasons at adventureaquarium.com
Wed Jun 29 20:20:21 UTC 2011

Sorry if this might be a newbish question but I can't figure it out. I have a user that is just starting to use Linux/RedHat and I'm trying to help as much I can. As most of you know seeing the screen is the best bet to help. Next best is access to the system. What I'd like to do is open a port on my firewall that he can connect to and then I can connect back to his system (kinda like ssh forward but reverse). I had done this a few years ago when I had somebody helping me I just can't find what command he had me use. Anybody know of something like this?

TIA

Jason