Libvirtd & IPtables

Kurian Thayil kurianmthayil at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 05:32:51 UTC 2011

Hi All,

I am using KVM in RHEL 6 with a couple of virtual networks custom
defined. Why is it that while I restart my libvirtd daemon, my Firewall
rules even if it's saved previously, gets reset. IE, I have some custom
rules defined in a chain and it should be 1st rule of FORWARD chain but
while I restart the libvirtd daemon, the rule comes to 11th in FORWARD
chain. Why is it so? Now, everytime after I restart the server, I have
to delete the 11th rule (modified by libvirtd) and insert it as 1st
rule. Is there any setting which helps me tweak the libvirtd -- IPtables
interaction so that when libvirtd gets started, the saved rule gets loaded.?

Regards,
Kurian Thayil.