Proxy server: Squid + dansguardian

Francisco José Márquez Gómez fjmarquez.ext at chguadalquivir.es
Thu Mar 24 00:20:51 UTC 2011

El 23/03/2011 15:04, Stainforth, Matthew (SD/DS) escribió:
> We are using the same versions as above.  I use /usr/bin/ntlm_auth that is provided by the samba3x-winbind package rather than /usr/lib64/squid/ntlm_auth provided by the squid package.
>
> Matt

Shit... I have same problem with new server.... and I'm using an
standard installation, only setup squid as this guide say for enable
NTLM support:

http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/Authenticate/NtlmCentOS5

with basic auth, all work fine. But if I enable NTLM, all turn on very
slow... I think that with NTLM, authentication proccess is done for each
element in a webpage. If the page have 100 images, the NTLM auth
proccess is done for each one of this 100 HTTP petitions and this
decrease the performance...

1.- Somebody know about this problem?
2.- Somebody know a software for test HTTP speed? I need a software wich
I run from client for use the proxy and test the speed with basic and
with NTLM auth methods.

Regards,
F.J