Bug 69077 and nfs

(Imed Chihi) عماد الشيحي imed.chihi at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 16:30:44 UTC 2011

>  The bug we are interested in involves the NFS server replying with an
> ENOENT status.  This should never happen and is causing problems with some
> client side software, they don't know how to handle something that should
> never happen.  I've searched through the public bugs I have access to, but
> haven't been able to find any reference to this one.

Why do you think that the NFS server should never reply with a ENOENT?
 This is a valid reply when the client attempts to access a non
existing file.

Due to the client cache coherency behaviour, there are circumstances
when the server might reply with ENOENT when the file does actually
exist.

I suggest you give more details on the client and the server versions
plus a way to reproduce the behaviour you observed.

Red Hat Bugzilla bug #69077 appears to be a non-public bug.  In
addition, telling from the relatively low number, it must have been
filed at least 5 years ago and unlikely to be relevant to RHEL 5.

>  It should be filed
> against RHEL5.X and have some keywords including NFS and ENOENT, perhaps
> ESTALE and EBUSY as well.

Is this a question or a suggestion?

 -Imed

--