Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.5 patching

Radomir Zoltowski yellow01 at tlen.pl
Tue Mar 8 21:00:51 UTC 2011

Update from RHEL 5.5 to 5.6 is called "an upgrade" and is not identical.
Latter carries a risk of an unintentional package removal.

Having a copy instance of the original system, you can use
"--download-only" yum plugin to download packages without installing
them, still taking benefit from automatic dependency resolution, to
later transfer them onto a DVD. Packages will be downloaded to yum
cache. Mind that system architecture and platform must be identical, too.

R.