Proxy server: Squid + dansguardian

Francisco José Márquez Gómez fjmarquez.ext at chguadalquivir.es
Wed Mar 23 12:24:40 UTC 2011

El 23/03/2011 12:56, Stainforth, Matthew (SD/DS) escribió:
> For about 1900 users we have a virtualized squid proxy with NTLM auth running on 2GB of memory and one vCPU.  Memory seems to be about right for our environment but we may look at adding a CPU soon.
>
> A quick glance shows it's writing at about 350 KBps.  I'm not sure there's a sound argument against virtualizing based on disk throughput anyway, at least in our experience, as the fiber channel storage that serves the virtual clusters performs much better than the direct attached storage the previously non-virtual servers had.

Wich version of SO and SW you are using? I'm starting to setup a new
server over RHEL 5.6 with standards packages of squid and samba3x, since
in our current server (installed by other person and with not standard
packages) we have many *speed problems when I enable the NTLM auth*,
wich is mandatory for avoid the auth-prompt wich is show to user each
time that they open the browser....

I hope that this installation work fine...

--
SO: RHEL 5.6 (x86-64)
--

F.J