Setting up second nic for local lan backup

Matty Sarro msarro at gmail.com
Thu May 5 00:49:38 UTC 2011

You can only have one default gateway.

There are two ways around this, the simple way, and the complex way.
The simple way is to add a static route by following the method shown
here:
http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/configuring-static-routes-in-debian-or-red-hat-linux-systems.html

The second, more involved way is shown here:
http://lartc.org/howto/lartc.rpdb.multiple-links.html

Finally, look here for more information if they can't help you:
http://lartc.org/