Help Needed: My RHEL5 box suddenly stopped accepting e-mails

Peter Skensved peter at jay.phy.QueensU.CA
Sat May 7 21:00:36 UTC 2011

> Particulars:
>    Red Hat Enterprise Linux Client release 5.6 (Tikanga)
>
> This last Thu morning (05.05.2011) my RHEL5 suddenly stopped accepting
> e-mails from other than itself.  I don't know if the following is
> related, but the following updates were done around the time of the
> problem starting:

 Normally the only change needed to get sendmail to accept external mail is :

Change the line :

DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtp,Addr=127.0.0.1, Name=MTA')dnl

in /etc/smail/sendmail.mc to :

DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtp, Name=MTA')dnl

 Then restart sendmail

       peter

----

Peter Skensved                          Email : peter at SNO.Phy.QueensU.CA
Dept. of Physics,
Queen's University,
Kingston, Ontario,
Canada