network interface aggregation\bonding

Dean Thompson dnt07 at yahoo.co.uk
Tue May 10 14:55:11 UTC 2011

Hi all

I am relatively new to RHEL. We have a few implementations of network
aggregation with fail-over configured on some of our Solaris servers and I'm
looking into whether we can implement similar configs on a RHEL 5.5 server.

Is it possible for only certain nics\drivers?
Can it be configured across multiple switches? i.e. If I have four nics, can I
group two in an aggregation group and connect it to one switch and group the
other two in another aggregation group and connect it to a different switch,
having only one group connected at a time with the other as a fail-over.

Regards
Dean