Backup solutions for Linux servers

Hakan Koseoglu hakan at koseoglu.org
Fri May 13 06:24:10 UTC 2011

On 12/05/11 22:12, Bob Wickline wrote:
> I've looked at MondoRescue as well. Would be interested if anyone has done a head-to-head comparison between the two. When I did a terse eval I thought ReaR was a less-mature product but more met our needs. Only thing that worries me about ReaR is continued development/support.
I admit that we haven't tried ReaR. I'm building a new bunch of kit
today and can check how it works. The trouble of moving to a new
solution is convincing and retraining the rest of the team.

Older versions of MondoRescue sometimes caused me issues with some Dell
kit but after a bit of tweaking always worked.