Re: Re : Help Needed: My RHEL5 box suddenly stopped accepting e-mails

Hi Peter,

On Sat, May 7, 2011 at 2:00 PM, Peter Skensved <peter jay phy queensu ca>wrote:

> > Particulars:
> >    Red Hat Enterprise Linux Client release 5.6 (Tikanga)
> >
> > This last Thu morning (05.05.2011) my RHEL5 suddenly stopped accepting
> > e-mails from other than itself.  I don't know if the following is
> > related, but the following updates were done around the time of the
> > problem starting:
>

>  Normally the only change needed to get sendmail to accept external mail is
> :
>
> Change the line :
>
> DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtp,Addr=127.0.0.1, Name=MTA')dnl
>
> in /etc/smail/sendmail.mc to :
>
> DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtp, Name=MTA')dnl

I think my sendmail.cf file had the analogous change in it--even though
there was not an
uncommented line like the above in my sendmail.mc file.  I went ahead and
made the change
to my sendmail.mc file and restarted sendmail; but it did not make any
difference.

Regards,

--
Mun