Re: Help Needed: My RHEL5 box suddenly stopped accepting e-mails

On 05/08/2011 06:30 AM, Mun wrote:

> Does everything above look okay?

Yes, they all seem to be alright.

Next, let's try to telnet to the smtp port:

- from the localhost. Simply telnet localhost 25 and try to submit a
sample msg.

- from any other machine that is in the same subnet as the mail server

>From any other remote hosts we already know that it fails. But do you
refer to the MTA by address or by name? Check the DNS entries for the MTA:

host -t mx yourDomainName
host -t a theResultNameFromPreviousCmd
Is it the same IP as assigned to the server?

--
regards

Bohdan Sydor
www.sydor.net