RE: Backup solutions for Linux servers

-----Original Message-----
From: redhat-list-bounces redhat com
[mailto:redhat-list-bounces redhat com] On Behalf Of cliff here
Sent: Thursday, May 12, 2011 12:33 PM
To: General Red Hat Linux discussion list
Subject: Re: Backup solutions for Linux servers

Not to hijack the thread from the OP, but I would be curious to see what
people are doing for a bare metal backups, since most of the actual data
have are usually rsynced.

On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 10:32 AM, Vincent Van der Kussen <
Vincent VanderKussen btr-services be> wrote:

> Do you need bare metal recovery or just the ability to restore
files...

> Regards,
>

> Vincent Van der Kussen
> System Consultant
> mobile: +32473170846
> direct: +32 3 369 01 93
> Vincent VanderKussen btr-services be
>
> BTR Services
> Groene Hofstraat 31
> 2850 Boom
> Belgium
> www.btr-services.be
> tel: +32 3 450 89 80
> fax: +32 3 450 89 89

On
> Behalf Of cliff here [c4ifford gmail com]
> Sent: Thursday, May 12, 2011 4:21 PM
> To: bob sauvage gmx fr; General Red Hat Linux discussion list
> Subject: Re: Backup solutions for Linux servers
>
> I've tried a program called mondo to make .iso snapshots of servers -
> however we had problems to get it to work with LVMs and I haven't
revisited
> it in a while.
>
> On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 8:47 AM, Bob Sauvage <bob sauvage gmx fr>
wrote:

> > Hi *,
> >
> > I would like to know what is your favorite solution to backup your
Linux
> > servers.
> >
> > Do you use rsnapshot ? Do you backup your data's on the cloud (via a
> SaaS)
> > ?
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Bob !

[Jack Allen] We require our customers that use Linux configuration to
use Storix for Bare Meta Restore and then IBM's TSM or Veritas NetBackup
for daily backups of the OS and database. The database backup is written
by us using the vendors API.