MUA / SMTP client / script to send email via a mail relay server

sunhux G sunhux at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 15:35:36 UTC 2011

I have a Linux RHES 4.5 box that's on the same subnet as my Postfix
box.  For security reasons, I'm not allowed to ftp/scp/sftp files between
this box & the Postfix server.

I have the following Perl script which I wanted to use to mail (& attach
files) out to the outside but alas the Perl script below gave an error
that "Mime-Lite module is not available" on this server when I use it:
   http://www.logix.cz/michal/devel/smtp-cli/

The tool above has a  --host (or --server) option which would have enabled
me to point to the Postfix server to enable email to be sent out from this
RHES 4.6 box via the Postfix box.

It will take weeks for Change Managemt to approve installing Mime-Lite
module, so I'll need help on the following :

a) is there an MUA (mailx, mutt, sendmail) that would enable me to
    perform this same function of pointing to the Postfix server & attach
    a file to be mailed out?  Kindly provide the full syntax/example

b) is there another script (that uses say "telnet postfix_IP 25" & EHLO)
    to do this function.  Let me know the full url

c) where can I download this Mime-Lite rpm ?

Thanks