NIS yppasswd command - changed from 5.4 to 6.0?

Christina Salls Christina.Salls at noaa.gov
Fri Oct 14 12:51:02 UTC 2011

Hi all,

      I have 2 SGI clusters and a storage server all running RHEL 5.4,
and 2 SGI clusters running RHEL 6.0.  I configured NIS to control user
authentication.  Everything seems to be working fine, except that when I
change the password for a user with the yppasswd command (as root), it
changes the password on the 5.4 systems and they are able to log in with
the new password, but it does not change the password on the 6.0
systems.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

      Christina

--