LDAP with wildcard SSL certs.

Douglas Garstang doug.garstang at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 20:10:46 UTC 2011

All,

We recently installed Redhat 6.1, with all updates. We're trying to
get LDAP working on this system as a client. The server is OpenDJ
2.4.0, and we're using TLS/SSL, not StartTLS. After several days of
trying to get the client side to work without success, my collegue,
who did most of the work on this, came to the conclusion that RedHat
did not like the fact that the SSL certificate provided by the server
was a wildcard.

Simple question. Has anyone gotten LDAP to work on Redhat 6.1 talking
to an LDAP server which is using wildcard certificates? I need to know
if this is the issue or not.

Regards
Douglas.