questions about xset

Doll, Margaret Ann margaret_doll at brown.edu
Tue Oct 25 17:50:30 UTC 2011

As root I edited

/etc/X11/fs/config to add the lines on the head node of the cluster

/share/apps/Mathematica7.0/SystemFiles/Fonts/Type1,
        /share/apps/Mathematica7.0/SystemFiles/Fonts/BDF,
        /share/apps/Mathematica7.0/SystemFiles/Fonts/AFM

I restarted xfs on the head node

service xfs restart

I checked my firewall on the head node of the computer clustrer

netstat -nlp | grep 7100
unix  2      [ ACC ]     STREAM     LISTENING     9788554
5359/xfs            /tmp/.font-unix/fs7100

I then logged into the head node from my Mac using "ssh -Y"

As a regular user, my xset path does not contain the Mathematica fonts.
And Mathematica still gives me the "bad font message"

My local computer is a Mac, 10.6.

I am installing Mathematica on my Mac now to see if that makes a difference
in the display.