questions about xset

Nigel Wade nmw at ion.le.ac.uk
Wed Oct 26 08:44:26 UTC 2011

On 25/10/11 21:23, Doll, Margaret Ann wrote:
> Installing Mathematica on my mac did not help with the display from the head
> node on the cluster.
>
> I copied over the Fonts directory from the head node for Mathematica.  I
> installed the fonts in a /usr/local/mathematica/7.0/SystemFiles/Fonts
> directory.
> I then linked .fonts in my home directory to the new Fonts directory.
>
> That did not help.
>
> .fonts ->  /usr/local/Mathematica/7.0/SystemFiles/Fonts
> ls .fonts
> AFM    BDF    SVG    TTF    Type1

You may need to restart the X server for new font directories to get
noticed. I can't remember if there's a way to tell the X server to load
new configuration files. To get it to use new font directories on the
fly you would normally use xset +fp.

E-mail :    nmw at ion.le.ac.uk
Phone :     +44 (0)116 2523548, Fax : +44 (0)116 2523555