sudo examples

Steven Barre steven at realestatewebmasters.com
Wed Oct 26 23:31:33 UTC 2011

Hello!

I understand how to configure sudo, but I don't get how to get
real-world use from it. Is it best to write custom scripts for the
things that need doing and give sudo access to those scripts?

Most of what I do as root is done because of file permissions. For
example, if I want a user to have access to a conf file but don't want
to change the file permissions of the conf file, how can I do this with
sudo?

Do you have any examples of how you use sudo to allow users to do some
basic tasks?

Steven Barre
steven at realestatewebmasters.com

Systems and Support Manager