questions about xset

Doll, Margaret Ann margaret_doll at brown.edu
Thu Oct 27 13:43:20 UTC 2011

Thanks to everyone, especially Nigel.  I can now run the graphics from my
mac onto the head node.  Next step is to see if I can get the compute nodes
to display the image.

Short synopsis of the steps:

On the head node:

1.  Edit /etc/X11/fs/config to
    a.  include the paths to the Mathematic fonts under catalogue=
    b.  Comment out  #no-listen = tcp
2.  Restart xfs  "service xfs restart"
3.  Edit the iptables to allow tcp connections to port 7100
4.  Restart iptables "service iptables restart"

On the local mac where ted is the head node on the server

 xfsinfo -server ted:7100
xset +fp tcp/ted:7100
xset fp rehash
xset q