Re: kickstart installation error

Did you change the install type to cmdline or text?  What happened then?

It does supports, from CD-Rom I will install in graphical mode itself.

On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 9:51 PM, Barry Brimer <lists brimer org> wrote:

          I am trying to install rhel5 using kickstart,
I have created a kickstart file and provided it using ftp, installation is
happening but once the system boots it is booting into init level 1
and when I tried to switch to init 5 it is giving error "x is respawing
high
disabled for 5 minutes"
Can I get the solution for this????

Does your machine meet the requirements for a graphical install?  Change
the install method in your kickstart to cmdline to get verbose output in
text mode.

Thanks and Regards

        Kavya.N(Koramangala)