OT: package to make a graphical network diagram

Facundo M. de la Cruz fmdlc.unix at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 08:39:41 UTC 2011

On 09/29/2011 03:42 AM, ESGLinux wrote:
> Hi,,
>
> First thak you all for yor answers,
>
> I use DIA to manually draw the diagram,
>
> I have tested  nmap +zenmap but I don´t like the results...
>
> Some time ago (perhaps 8 years..) I used a software called  Cheops -
> http://cheops-ng.sourceforge.net/
>
> look at the screenshots they are very nice. The problem is that I can´t get
> this running on my rhels
>
> (checking for gnomeConf.sh file in /usr/local/lib... not found
> configure: error: Could not find the gnomeConf.sh file that is generated by
> gnome-libs install
> )
>
> So the question now are two questions:
>
> - anyone knows something like cheops?
> - anyone knows how to compile this software in RHEL 5/6 (I´l try it but
> finally I reach a dependency hell :-/)
>
> Thanks again,
>
> ESG

>>> snip>
>>
>> Sorry I missed the original post but the OP may be happy with the
>> Topography tab of nmap gui (Zenmap) in RHEL6 for small networks.  I just
>> did a quick scan using 192.168.xxx/24 and got a somewhat useful graphic
>> that can be saved and manipulated slightly.
>>
>> HTH.
>>
>> B.J.
>>

>> --

Hello,

You can use a very powerfull Python library called scapy for make it.
You can find some examples here:

http://www.secdev.org/projects/scapy/demo.html

The document for this project is good and have multiples examples.

Regards

- --
Facundo M. de la Cruz (tty0)
IT Consultant & Security Researcher

GPG fingerprint: DF2F 514A 5167 00F5 C753 BF3B D797 C8E1 5726 0789

produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning." -
Rich Cook