Regarding GFS (was: redhat-list Digest, Vol 96, Issue 1)

unix syzadmin unixsyzadmin at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 19:56:35 UTC 2012

Hi,

That was a typo in my previous mail.
I know the redhat GFS (Global File System) and IBM GPFS (General Parallel
File System) are products from different vendors.
My environment runs GFS for redhat linux systems and IBM GPFS for IBM AIX.

This mail thread is all about RedHat GFS.  My task at hand is to setup a
new 3-node GFS cluster modeling after the currently operational cluster.

I need help with the following:
1. Documenting how the existing GFS cluster has been setup.
2. Plan and implement a new 3-node GFS cluster.  I plan to use RHEL6.1 and
GFS2.

I am also going through the redhat documentation on GFS2 and cluster
administration, so will be able to formulate better/precise queries as I
make progress.
In the meanwhile any tips/suggestions would be a great help.

Thanks,