LVM striping on luns

Matty Sarro msarro at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 17:26:06 UTC 2012

Hey everyone.
I am working with a number of boxes right now. Each one has several LUN's
from a SAN attached via fibre channel. The arrays on the SAN should all be
raid 10. Now, what I'm curious about is if I will get any performance boost
at all from using striping on the logical volumes, or if I should just use
linear volumes? It seems like writing across each lun with striping makes
sense, but at the same time it'd be extra CPU load.

Any advice would greatly be appreciated. Thanks!
-Matty