problem start apache

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Fri Jul 6 13:14:42 UTC 2012

senkov at pochta.ru wrote:
> after upgrade system from rhel 4 to rhel 6 and move config files.. apache
> not start
> service httpd statushttpd dead but subsys locked
> # netstat -tulpnActive Internet connections (only servers)Proto Recv-Q
> Send-Q Local Address               Foreign Address             State
> PID/Program name.................................tcp        0      0
> :::443                      :::*                        LISTEN
> 17297/httpdtcp        0      0 :::80                       :::*
>              LISTEN      17297/httpd

For one thing, you need to shut it down, then kill anything left over.
Then you need to build a new .conf. I may be wrong - help me out, folks,
was 4.x still on apache 1.x, or was it up to 2.0? Anyway, there are
probably modules that aren't there anymore, replaced by others.

With that big a jump, you should never just assume that a conf file from
years ago will work without modifications.

        mark