Bug 80018: NFSv4 on RHEL 6.2 over six times slower than 5.7

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Tue Jul 10 15:48:16 UTC 2012

Corey Kovacs wrote:
> Maybe it takes posting your config to the list so we can see if you made a

The config's the same for 5.8 and 6.3, I think. I do know my manager
worked on it some, and had done some work with NFS 4 configuration.

I can check with my manager, but I believe that we'd be willing to send
that to RHEL; I don't know that he'd want it posted publicly, for security
reasons (but I could be wrong; I'll ask him).

> mistake. Are you a paying customer actually using RHEL? If this a real bug
> I doubt it would be so ignored. Anyone else having a similar problem?

This is 100% reproducible. A user found it on CentOS 6.2; we tried it on
several servers, then went to an RHEL one. All identical responses.

> Lets start by being sensible and not antagonistic.

At what point would you decide to "allow" me to be antagonistic?

Let me restate my case: I opened a bugzilla case under my own account.
After weeks, I used the email address for support: yes, we *do* have a
contract with RHEL, and we are a US federal gov't agency. It's been
something like two weeks, and I've not seen a response.

The *only* thing that happened on the bug was they waited about a month,
then there was a followup, if you read it, that they were on 6.3, and so
they put it to dontfix.

*That's* why I'm posting all over. This is the *first* responses I've
gotten. I guess it *does* take public humiliation.

       mark