Bug 80018: NFSv4 on RHEL 6.2 over six times slower than 5.7

Corey Kovacs corey.kovacs at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 00:41:19 UTC 2012

Well, looking at the Bugzilla, it looks like they are asking you to contact
your support rep. If you are working in the government, there will be a TAM
assigned to handle these problems. If you are a contractor working on
systems to be delivered to the government, then you need to be a paying
customer to expect support from Red Hat. Especially when your original
problem manifested on CentOS. Granted, it's the same code base, but that
doesn't make your problem on CentOS, a problem for Red Hat.

As far as when you get to be antagonistic goes, never if you want to be
professional about it....

Now, all that said and done, here are some questions for you which might
help us figure what would help.

1. What options are present on the mount? (cat /proc/mounts, thinks like
sync can be a problem)
2. What does your /etc/exports config look like on your server node (cat
/etc/exports)
3. You are using NFSv4, are you using Kerberos with it?
    3.a. If so, what mode are you using for your gss/krb flag? (krb5,
krb5i, krb5p)
4. What's your network speed? Are you sure? (ethtool ethX to make sure)
5. Selinux?
6. Auditing?
7. How many clients are hitting your server and how many nfsd threads are
you running on it?

This is by no means an exhaustive list of things to look at.

Anyway, in order to get any real help, you cannot just shout out, "My stuff
is broke, it's Red Hat's fault, no one will listen to me!"

Give us something to work with.

By the way, in looking at the responses to your bugzilla, it doesn't look
to me like they were shamed into responding. It looks like are telling you
to go through proper channels if they exist. full stop.

Ideally, you'll get this resolved using your assigned TAM etc, however I am
sure others as well as I are happy to help if you are willing to be
professional about it.

Corey
RHCA #*110-541-489*