Public key for perl-Compress-Raw-Bzip2-2

Corey Kovacs corey.kovacs at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 00:52:09 UTC 2012

You need to import the packager's public key into the rpm db on any host
using which you want to use the epel repo's.

The key is here.. http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/RPM-GPG-KEY-EPEL-6

Soo, you can do this...

rpm --import http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/RPM-GPG-KEY-EPEL-6

To get it into your host's rpm db.

What is happening is the rpm/yum utilities are, by default tying to ensure
that you are only installing packages from a trusted source. This is very
good for example if say someone broke into epel and inserted a version of
some package, say, my-evil-version-of-httpd.rpm in place of
httpd-<version>.i686.rpm. That person would not be able to "sign" the
packages using the appropriate private key from which the epel public was
derived and rpm/yum would catch it and warn you.

If for some reason you want to override this behavior (bad idea) you can
use the --nogpgcheck flaf to yum.

-C